1. Lightly coat 6 jumbo (3 1/2 inch) muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper baking cups. Set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Cut in the shortening until the mixture is crumbly.
3. In another bowl, stir together the sour cream or yogurt, the half cup of sugar, the milk & egg. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
4. Stir together the brown sugar, nuts, the 2 tablespoons of sugar & cinnamon.
5. Spoon half of the batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle half of the nut mixture evenly into the muffin cups. Top evenly with the remaining half of the batter & nut mixture.
6. Bake in a preheated 400ºF oven for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
7. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
8. Remove the muffins from the pan & serve them warm.
NOTE: For standard-sized muffins, use twelve regular (2 1/2 inch) muffin cups. Divide the batter evenly as directed above. Bake in a preheated 400ºF oven for 15 to 18 minutes. Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes, then remove them from the pans. Serve the muffins warm.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (173g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 198 (53%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 22g||29 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.5g||52 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.3g|
|Cholesterol 71.1mg||22 %|
|Sodium 134.4mg||5 %|
|Potassium 198.6mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 36.9g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 35.3g|
|Protein 7.8g||11 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 373
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!