1. Prepare the vegetables:
a. Peel the potatoes, and cube them into 1/2 in cubes.
b. Peel the onion, and cube it into 1/2 in cubes.
c. Chop the kale into bite-size pieces (at your discretion).
2. Remove the sausage from the casing, and cook it down in a large pot (it will be used throughout the process). Remove and set aside.
3. Add a little bit of olive oil (if needed, the fat from the sausage may be sufficient) and sautee the onions until starting to brown.
4. Add the tomato paste. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring.
5. Add the potatoes. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring. Add salt / pepper to taste.
6. Add the kale. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
7. Add the sausage and broth. Combine and bring the broth to a boil.
8. Once the broth reaches boil, reduce to low heat and cook for 30-40 minutes until potatoes are cooked. Add salt / pepper to taste as needed.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1906g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 2498 (63%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 277.5g||370 %|
|Saturated Fat 79.4g||397 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 114.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 59.6g|
|Cholesterol 1380mg||425 %|
|Sodium 1318.1mg||45 %|
|Potassium 3796.9mg||100 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.3g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 5.8g|
|Protein 344.3g||492 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 3991
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.