1. Clean and remove stems from kate. I use scissors for this. Then slice it up into about 1/4 to 1/2" strips. The kale is tough, so slicing it smaller is better.
2. Slice shallot very thinly. Toast pine nuts or walnuts in olive oil over medium heat. Set aside.
3. Put kale and shallot in a large bowl. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, and 1/2 tsp large grain salt. Dressing should emulsify and become creamy. Pour the dressing over the kale and toss to coat thoroughly.
4. Important part: Massage the kale with the dressing, gently squeezing it when you do. It helps the kale to soften. Then refrigerate it for about 1 hour or so.
5. To serve, add toasted nuts and feta cheese to salad and toss thoroughly. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (125g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 201 (76%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 22.3g||30 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.8g||24 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.2g|
|Cholesterol 16.7mg||5 %|
|Sodium 386mg||13 %|
|Potassium 516.2mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 12.7g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 10.5g|
|Protein 7.3g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 263
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!