1. Peel the ginger and garlic and finely grate into a large bowl.
2. Add the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and a pinch of black pepper, then mix to make a dressing.
3. Trim and shred the cabbage and put it into a large pan of boiling salted water with the broccoli (cut into florets first, if using fresh) and noodles to cook for around 3 minutes, then add the mangetout for a final minute.
Drain it all well, then toss in the bowl of dressing.
4. Fry the eggs in a large non-stick frying pan on a medium heat with a lug of olive oil until cooked to your liking (I like mine with a runny yolk).
5. Divide the noodles between bowls, pop an egg on top of each one, and serve drizzled with chilli sauce for that all-important added kick.
- Feel free to add any other fresh seasonal veg, or leftovers you have in the fridge.
- I use garlic, chilli and soy to flavour the noodles, but you could swap in a chilli garlic sauce, hoisin, or even black bean sauce if that’s what you’ve got.
- Using buckwheat noodles, which you can see in the picture, is really nice – they’re a little bit more expensive than regular noodles, but have a great flavour and texture. Just make sure you check the packet instructions in case they take longer to cook. Of course, feel free to swap in any other noodles.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (238g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 4 (10%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.5g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 41.2mg||1 %|
|Potassium 395mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.3g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 5.1g|
|Protein 3.5g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 42
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.