Ever thought that making cheesecake was too hard or yours always cracks? This recipe will wow you and your friends and it's really easy. It does bake for a long time, so make sure you have a good 4 hours to babysit it. It's worth it, I promise! I also have variations for chocolate, gluten free, and some sauce ideas:-)
You will Need:
•a 10-inch springform pan with 2 1/2-inch sides •large roasting pan with 3-inch sides
•a clean kitchen towel •at least a quart of boiling water
•Tin Foil •Wax or parchment paper
•measuring cups and spoons •Spatula
CRUST (Group 1)
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2. Prepare the pan: Remove the bottom of the springform pan. Tear off a sheet of parchment paper a little larger than the pan. Place it over the bottom of the pan and secure the ring back on the pan, tightening the spring. This lines the bottom of the pan
with the paper.
3. Mix the graham cracker crumbs into the melted butter with clean hands.
4. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and up 1/2-inch of the sides of the prepared springform pan.
5. Bake the crust in the oven for 10 minutes at 300°F.
6. Remove the pan from the oven, and place it in the refrigerator to cool.
1. Soften the cream cheese and place in a stand mixer bowl (hand mixer is ok too).
2. Add sugar, four, and cornstarch and beat on medium speed until it is very LIGHT AND FLUFFY. Scrape down the bowl as needed. Turn off the mixer while combining group 3 ingredients.
3. Whisk together all group 3 ingredients (eggs, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and sour cream) together in a separate bowl until blended.
Put it all together:
4. With the mixer on low speed, slowly pour the egg mixture into the mixer bowl, scraping down the bowl as needed, and continue mixing until its fully incorporated and smooth.
5. Let the oven cool to 250°F
1. Remove the cooled crust from the refrigerator.
2. Line a roasting pan with a clean towel and cover whole pan with tin foil ( you will need an extra wide roll).
3. Center the springform pan on top of the tin foil and fold it up around the pan.
4. Pour the filling into the pan over the crust.
5. Place the roasting pan with cheesecake pan and batter in the oven.
6. Pour boiling water into the roasting pan until it reaches at least one inch up the tin foil wall around the springform pan.
7. Close the oven door and bake for one hour and ten minutes (70 minutes).
8. Do NOT open the oven door or turn on the light during the baking time.
9. After 70 minutes has past, turn off the oven and open the door. The cheesecake should be set around the edges with a jiggly center.
10. Close the oven door.
11. Set the timer for 60 more minutes letting the cheesecake sit in the turned off oven. Do not open the oven.
12. After 60 minutes, carefully take the cheesecake out of the oven, remove the cheesecake pan from the foil, and place on a wire rack to cool.
13. Cool at room temp for 60 more minutes.
14. Place the cooled cheesecake in the fridge for at least 2 hours to chill.
15. When adequately chilled, gently remove the bottom of the springform pan and place the hard chilled cheesecake on a plate or cake board.
This cheesecake is great just as it is. But if you want garnish or decorate here are some great ideas!
Chocolate Glaze: In a small saucepan over low heat, melt 4 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate. Add 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream and stir until thickened and smooth. Remover from heat and drizzle over chilled cheesecake or use as a slice by slice topping.
Cherry Topping: In a small saucepan over low heat, combine some of your favorite cheery pie filling with a bit of water to thin. Cook until warm and pour over cheesecake or use as a slice by slice topping.
Your favorite Caramel Topping is great too.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 inch cake (100g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 258 (95%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 28.7g||38 %|
|Saturated Fat 18.1g||91 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 76.6mg||24 %|
|Sodium 251.9mg||9 %|
|Potassium 105.1mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.9g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 3.4g|
|Protein 2.1g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 273
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.