1. Add 3 cups of flour in a bowl.
2. Add salt, sugar, 2 tbsp of oil and 1 ½ cups of water in a separate jar/ bowl. Stir until the salt and sugar dissolves.
3. Add the liquid mixture in step 2 in the flour bowl (step 1) and mix well.
4. Keep kneading for 10 minutes and add flour if needed until the dough becomes non-sticky. Add 2-3 tbsp of oil and continue kneading until the oil mixes well and the dough is soft. Cover the dough and leave it for 40 minutes.
5. After the 40 minutes, divide the dough into 10 - 15 equal parts making ball like shapes. Arrange them in a flat surface dusted with flour(Cover with a damp tablecloth to avoid drying).
6. Dust flour in the flat place and take one of the balls and start rolling with a rolling pin to a circular shape, brush oil on top and roll it inwards to form a shape-like a rope, then create a coil-like shape and press the ball down with your palm to make it flat. Repeat this process to the rest of the remaining balls of dough.
7. Next, start rolling each of the coil-like shape doughs with the rolling pin to form a circular shape again.
8. In a hot pan, place the rolled out circular chapati and fry each side with little oil until its golden brown on medium heat. Place your cooked chapati in a flat plat and cover with an aluminum foil.
9. Repeat this step to the rest of the coil-like dough.
*Serve with your favourite stew
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (191g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 17 (2%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.8g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1166.5mg||40 %|
|Potassium 200.9mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 143.2g||42 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.1g||20 %|
|Sugars, other 138.1g|
|Protein 19.4g||28 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 683
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.