* Heat all jars of oysters with just enough water to cover them in a large pot on low to medium heat until the oysters float. About 30-40 mins.
* In a separate pan slow simmer the next 3 dairy indredients. This should take the same time as the oysters do.
* Pour the hot tempered milk ingredients into the oyster pot. Simmer an additional 1 hr. on low heat.
* Add the garlic salt/ salt and pepper to taste.
* Serve with oyster crackers.
I loved the simplicity of this recipe. My wife really knows how to make good Oyster Stew!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (397g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 689 (88%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 76.5g||102 %|
|Saturated Fat 47.7g||238 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 20.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.2g|
|Cholesterol 235.9mg||73 %|
|Sodium 566.3mg||20 %|
|Potassium 478.4mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 15.1g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 15.1g|
|Protein 13.2g||19 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 787
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.