Total time: 25 minutes plus 4 hours cook time • makes 12 tacos
1. Trim fat from meat. Cut meat to fit a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Use a paring knife to cut 1 inch slits in the pork about every 2 inches.
2. In a large skillet, warm olive oil over medium heat. Add meat and cook for about 10 minutes or until browned, turning once. Transfer meat to slow cooker.
3. In a medium bowl, combine orange juice, lime juice, garlic, cumin, oregano, and salt. Pour mixture over meat.
4. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours. Transfer meat to a cutting board; cool slightly. Using forks, shred meat. Drain cooking juices, reserving 1/2 cup. Return meat to slow cooker. Add reserved juices to meat mixture; serve with a slotted spoon.
5. For crispy carnitas, heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add pork in batches, cooking and stirring for 3 to 5 minutes or until browned and desired level of crispness.
6. Preheat oven to 350°F. Wrap corn tortillas in foil. Bake for 10 minutes or until warm. Serve pork on warm corn tortillas with lime wedges and desired toppings.
Desired toppings: Guacamole, black beans, yellow rice, cooked bell pepper strips, shredded lettuce, and/or chopped tomatoes
Each taco contains: 234 calories, 7 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 50 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 18 g protein. Daily values: 1% vitamin A, 17% vitamin C, 5% calcium, 11% iron.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (122g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 4 (9%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.5g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 148.5mg||5 %|
|Potassium 154.7mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 10.1g|
|Protein 1g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 43
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!