1. Preheat oven to 400º and line two medium baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add pepper and onion and season with chili powder, salt, and pepper. Cook until soft, 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together cheeses. Add 1 1/2 cups of cheese mixture into the center of both prepared baking sheets. Spread into an even layer and shape into a circle, the size of a flour tortilla.
4. Bake cheeses until melty and slightly golden around the edge, 8 to 10 minutes. Add onion-pepper mixture, shredded chicken, and avocado slices to one half of each. Let cool slightly, then use the parchment paper and a small spatula to gently lift and fold one side of the cheese "tortilla" over the side with the fillings. Return to oven to heat, 3 to 4 minutes more. Repeat to make 2 more quesadillas.
5. Cut each quesadilla into quarters. Garnish with green onion and sour cream before serving.
** I did not use the Bell Pepper. Also make more onion mixture. I also used Mexican 4-Cheese Mix instead of the Monterey Jack.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (502g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 894 (70%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 99.3g||132 %|
|Saturated Fat 47.5g||238 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 35.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 9.9g|
|Cholesterol 345.1mg||106 %|
|Sodium 1222mg||42 %|
|Potassium 909.4mg||24 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.9g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 4.7g|
|Protein 88.5g||126 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1285
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.