Try this Key Lime Meltaways recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
1. Whisk together butter and 1/3 cup sugar until fluffy. Add lime zest, juice, and vanilla; beat until fluffy.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, and salt. Add to butter mixture, and beat on low speed until combined.
3. Between two 8-by-12-inch pieces of parchment paper, roll dough into two 1 1/4-inch-diameter logs. Chill at least 1 hour.
4. Line two baking sheets with parchment. Place remaining 2/3 cup sugar in a resealable plastic bag. Remove parchment from logs; slice dough into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Place rounds on baking sheets, spaced 1 inch apart.
5. Bake cookies until barely golden, about 15 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool slightly, just three or four minutes. While still warm, place cookies in the sugar-filled bag; toss to coat. Bake or freeze remaining dough. Store baked cookies in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (453g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1247 (57%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 138.5g||185 %|
|Saturated Fat 87.6g||438 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 35.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.3g|
|Cholesterol 366.4mg||113 %|
|Sodium 24.7mg||1 %|
|Potassium 118.7mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 241.7g||71 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 241g|
|Protein 1.8g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2196
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.