1. Heat oven to 350 for shiny metal or glass pan (325 for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 13x9 inch pan with baking spray with flour.
2. In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionallly. Pour into pan.
3. Bake 26 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. With handle of wooden spoon (1/4 to 1/2 inch in diameter), poke holes almost to bottom of cake every
1/2 inch. wiping spoon handle occasionally to reduce sticking.
4. In medium bowl, stir together filling ingredients (mixture will thicken). Pour over cake, spread wvenly over surface, working back and forth to fill holes. (Some filling should remain on top of cake.)
Refrigerate 1 hour.
5. Spread frosting over cake; sprinkle with oime peel. Garnish. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
Key lime pie is not green in color unless food color is added. I you'd prefer a greener filling in this cake, add a couple drops of green food color to the filling before pouring it over the cake.
If Key limes aren't available in your grocery store, look for bottled Key lime juice near the other bottled lime juices.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (100g)|
|Recipe Makes: 15 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 58 (36%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.5g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.2g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 79.4mg||24 %|
|Sodium 68.3mg||2 %|
|Potassium 195.7mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 21.7g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 21.2g|
|Protein 5g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 161
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!