1) Brown beef, onions, peppers, sausage and Italian seasoning.
2) Drain well.
3) Put in stock pot, add mushrooms, sauce, tomatoes, tomato paste, and remaining seasoning, simmer for a long, long time.
4) Freeze in freezer bags (put 3, 4 or 5 cups sauce per bag).
5) ***I?vefound that Hunt?s works great.
6) It is cheaper than some of the others and it made the best sauce ever.
7) I used the roasted garlic variety mostly and one of the others but I can?t remember which one.
8) I think that any of them would give similar results.
9) I?ve also used plain tomato sauce and increased my seasoning ? but the Hunt?s turned out the tastiest.
10) ***You can substitute pan sausage for the Italian sausage and increase the Italian seasoning with little change in taste.
11) When I do this I usually use Jimmy Dean?s.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 cup (123g)|
|Recipe Makes: 36 cups|
|Calories from Fat: 252 (76%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 28g||37 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.5g||52 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 79.8mg||25 %|
|Sodium 128.9mg||4 %|
|Potassium 280.9mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.4g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 1.1g|
|Protein 16.8g||24 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 330
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.