1. Clean the lentils with water
2. Add lentils and water to large stock pot
3. Add the turmeric, chili powder, and salt to the pot
4. Bring the water to boil, then reduce to simmer on low heat (do not cover)
5. Mix periodically
6. The dahl will be ready once the individual lentils are hard to distinguish and are blended, but be careful not to over cook it
7. Once cooked, set it aside
8. In a separate small pan, pour the oil and turn the heat to medium high
9. Once the oil is hot, add the onions to the pan
10. Once the onions turn brown, add them to the dahl
11. Cut up the cilantro and green chilis and add them to the dahl
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (79g)|
|Recipe Makes: 30 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (NaN%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 3.2mg||0 %|
|Potassium 2.3mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.1g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
BigOven Pro required
Eat healthier with nutrition info.
Calories, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber and more - easily calculate from any recipe.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!