Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and reduce heat to medium-low, cooking until onion is soft and translucent; season with salt and pepper. Add sausage, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until sausage is heated through. Set aside and keep warm.
1. Cook potatoes in a large pot of boiling salted water for 15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and add milk, butter, salt, and pepper; mash until smooth. Stir in cheddar cheese. Set aside to cool.
2. For dough, put flour in a large shallow bowl and make a well in the center. Add egg, salt, and milk to well. With your fingers, slowly draw flour into the liquid to form a soft, smooth dough. Knead well. Cover the dough and let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough as thinly as possible (about 1/8-inch thick) and cut into 3-inch circles. Spoon a generous teaspoon of filling in the center of each circle. Wet edges of dough with fingertip dipped in water, then fold over and crimp edges with a fork to seal completely. Transfer to a lightly floured kitchen towel and cover with a damp towel.
4. Bring a 6- to 8-quart pot of salted water to a boil. Add pierogi, gently stirring to keep them from sticking together, and cook about 5 minutes -- they will float to the surface when cooked. Drain on paper towels.
1. In a large sauté pan, melt butter and cook pierogi for 3-4 minutes on each side or until crisp and brown.
2. Serve with kielbasa and top with a dollop of sour cream sprinkled with chopped chives.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (690g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 299 (39%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 33.2g||44 %|
|Saturated Fat 17.6g||88 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.6g|
|Cholesterol 131.5mg||40 %|
|Sodium 495.5mg||17 %|
|Potassium 783.8mg||21 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 104.7g||31 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 102g|
|Protein 15.5g||22 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 761
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!