1. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Place shallot and garlic cloves over two layers of aluminum foil. Coat with 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt. Wrap the shallot and garlic with the foil, creating a pouch. Bake in the preheated oven until the garlic is tender, about 30 minutes. Place shallot and garlic in a bowl and mash using a fork. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, place a steamer insert into a saucepan, and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Cover, and bring the water to a boil. Add the Brussels sprouts, cover, and steam until just tender, 2 to 6 minutes depending on thickness. Set aside.
4. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Lay the kielbasa into the hot skillet and cook, turning occasionally, until evenly browned and crispy, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove the kielbasa from the skillet with a slotted spoon to retain the grease in the skillet; drain the sausage slices on a paper towel-lined plate.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. Cook the mashed shallot and garlic in the hot oil for 1 minute. Stir in the mustard and cream. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the Brussels sprouts and beans. Toss to coat and season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until heated through. Serve the kielbasa over the Brussels sprouts and beans.
Photo By: Bob Williams
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (367g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 288 (56%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 32g||43 %|
|Saturated Fat 10g||50 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.5g|
|Cholesterol 89.6mg||28 %|
|Sodium 1645.5mg||57 %|
|Potassium 942.2mg||25 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 33.7g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 9.8g||39 %|
|Sugars, other 23.9g|
|Protein 25.5g||36 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 513
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.