- Dissolve yeast in water and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- In large bowl or mixer, cream sugar and shortening or margarine together.
- Add yolks and salt and mix well.
- Add the dissolved yeast and about a cup of the flour.
- Mix slowly with mixer.
- Add all the milk and continue adding the remaining flour, using mixer or stirring with a wooden spoon until dough becomes glossy.
- Cover; let rise in a warm place until double in bulk, about one hour.
- After the dough has risen, cut off small portions of dough and flatten out out.
- Add ingredints to dough and wrap them into dough.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Brush the kolaches with melted butter when they come out of the oven and cool on wire racks.
- Kolaches are best the day they are made.
- Yield: 3-4 dozen kolaches, depending on size.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (47g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 7 (4%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.8g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 17.5mg||5 %|
|Sodium 1.8mg||0 %|
|Potassium 53.5mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 33.5g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 32.4g|
|Protein 4.3g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 161
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!