1. Begin by cutting off excess fat and the membrane under the bone from the short ribs. Place in a large flat dish or in a zip-top bag.
2. In a food processor, blend together soy sauce, brown sugar, mirin, sesame oil, garlic, scallions and ginger. Reserve 1/2 cup of sauce and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
3. Pour the rest of the sauce over the short ribs, ensuring all ribs are covered. Seal tightly and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
4. Place Napa cabbage, daikon, spouts, scallions and cilantro together in a medium to large bowl.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, soy sauce, mirin and sriracha.
6. Slowly whisk in olive oil.
7. Pour dressing over vegetables and toss to coat. Store covered in the fridge until ready to serve.
8. Reduce the extra marinade ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thick. Place in a serving bowl to drizzle on tacos.
9. Heat your grill to 550° F. The intent here is to flash cook the meat while simultaneously caramelizing the marinade.
10. Place your short ribs on the grill. Cook for three minutes and flip. Cook an additional three minutes, wrap in foil and set aside.
11. Lower grill heat to medium. Place corn tortillas on the grill. Flip after 45 seconds. Grill for another 45 seconds and remove.
12. Cut short ribs into strips, avoiding the bones.
Assemble your Korean tacos: Corn tortilla, barbecued short ribs, a drizzle of Korean barbecue sauce, Napa cabbage slaw and extra sriracha to match your tastes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (758g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 307 (43%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 34.1g||45 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.6g||58 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.2g|
|Cholesterol 95.3mg||29 %|
|Sodium 139.4mg||5 %|
|Potassium 2869.7mg||76 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 66.7g||20 %|
|Dietary Fiber 10.4g||41 %|
|Sugars, other 56.4g|
|Protein 41.2g||59 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 716
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!