1. Combine sugar and shortening in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, syrup and vanilla. Beat until well blended and fluffy.
2. Combine 3 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix until well blended.
3. Divide dough into 4 quarters. Cover and refrigerate at least two hours or overnight.
4. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies.
5. Spread 1 tablespoon flour on large sheet of waxed paper. Place one quarter of dough on floured paper. Flatten slightly with hands. Turn dough over. Cover with another large sheet of waxed paper. Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Remove top layer of waxed paper. Cut out dough with seasonal cookie cutters Place cutouts 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Roll and cut out remaining dough. Sprinkle with colored sugar and decors or leave plain to frost when cool.
6, Bake at 375 degrees for 5 to 9 minutes, depending on size of cookies. (Bake small, thin cookies about 5 minutes; larger cookies about 9 minutes.) Do not overbake. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Remove cookies to foil sheets to cool completely.
Makes 3 to 4 dozen
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (640g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1236 (91%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 137.3g||183 %|
|Saturated Fat 84.8g||424 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 35.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.4g|
|Cholesterol 368.4mg||113 %|
|Sodium 1148.2mg||40 %|
|Potassium 800.3mg||21 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 21.5g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 21.5g|
|Protein 15.6g||22 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1365
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!