1. Preheat the broiler to high. Place the jalapeños on a baking sheet and place under the broiler. Broil until charred all over, about 5 minutes. Remove and let cool and then seed and chop the jalapeños.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the jalapeños, turkey, cheddar, panko, egg, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix until just combined and then shape the mix into 4 even size burger patties.
3. Preheat the outdoor grill or grill pan to high. Grill the burger for 5 minute per side or until cooked through. During the last minute of cooking add the cheese slices.
4. To assemble, spread the chipotle mayo on the bottom of each bun. Top with a burger, avocado, lime juice and a pinch of salt. Add the crispy onions (recipe follows) and cilantro. EAT
1. Heat a large pot of oil until it reaches 375 degrees F. or until a pinch of flour sizzles when sprinkled over the pot.
2. Add the sliced onions to a large bowl and pour the buttermilk over top. Use your hand to submerge the onions in the buttermilk.
3. To a shallow bowl, add the flour and a pinch of salt. Remove a handful of onions from the buttermilk and place them into the flour mixture. Coat the onions in the flour mixture, and then tap them on the inside of the bowl to shake off the excess. Carefully drop the onions into the hot oil. With a spoon, fiddle with them a bit just to break them up. Watch the onions closely as they cook quick! After about 1 or 2 minutes, they should be golden brown, remove from the oil and place on a paper towel-lined plate.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (396g)|
|Recipe Makes: 40 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 223 (43%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 24.8g||33 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.8g||34 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.6g|
|Cholesterol 90.1mg||28 %|
|Sodium 498.4mg||17 %|
|Potassium 1083.1mg||29 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 42.3g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 10.4g||42 %|
|Sugars, other 31.8g|
|Protein 36g||51 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 519
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!