1. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and mace.
2. Cream butter. Gradually add sugar, creaming until fluffy.
3. Add lemon peel and extracts.
4. Alternately beat in eggs and flour mixture.
5. Pan prep: Blend 1 Tbs flour into shortening. Brush over both side sections of lamb mold.
6. Turn batter into face side of mold, filling level.
7. Spoon a small amount of batter into back side of mold, filling ears.
8. Close and lock mold.
9. Set on baking sheet.
10. Bake at 375 degrees F for 50 to 55 minutes. Tip: a good way to insure against leaking is to bake with the nose down for 25 minutes, then on the back to complete the baking time. Set mold on wire rack to cool completely.
11. Frost with icing and coat with coconut. Decorated with a maraschino cherry for the nose, raisins for the eyes and a ribbon or icing flowers around the neck.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (157g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 274 (63%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 30.4g||41 %|
|Saturated Fat 15.5g||78 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.4g|
|Cholesterol 472.8mg||145 %|
|Sodium 290.5mg||10 %|
|Potassium 177.1mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 24.8g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 23.8g|
|Protein 16g||23 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 437
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!