1. Heat a large saucepan and add one tablespoon of olive oil and then the lamb. Cook over a high heat until the lamb is golden-brown all over for about 5min, then remove and set aside.
2. Reduce the heat and add the remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add the onions, garlic, chillies and ginger and fry for 2-3 minutes, until golden and softened.
3. Cover the meat with flour and cook for a further minute.
4. Add the tomatoes, coconut milk and curry paste and heat to bring to a simmer. Sprinkle some cumin, chili powder and cloves to taste. You can also add some fresh citronella and part of the coriander from the rougaille if you want.
5. Add the lamb and enough stock to just cover the lamb. Stir well, scraping the bottom of the pan to deglaze and release any residue at the bottom of the pan.
6. Heat the mixture until simmering, then cover and cook on a low heat for about one hour, or until the lamb is tender and cooked through.
7. While the curry is cooking, prepare the rice as indicated, half portion of water for a portion of rice, covered. I like my rice with cardamom but it is compeletely up to you.
8. Also, multitask or have a helping hand to prepare the rougaille with the indicated ingredients or replace by your choice of fruits/venegetables and nuts. The more colourful is the rougaille, the more apetizing it is! Cut as thinly as possible. Also, prepare it the latest possible to avoid oxidizing the vegetables.
9. Add the yoghurt, season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir well.
10. Serve onto warmed plates with steamed basmati rice alongside and sprinkle with rougaille.
Make the rougaille visually appealing by combining many fruits/vegetables of different colours.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1186g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 437 (36%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 48.6g||65 %|
|Saturated Fat 21.8g||109 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 12g|
|Cholesterol 3mg||1 %|
|Sodium 177.1mg||6 %|
|Potassium 2770.4mg||73 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 186.9g||55 %|
|Dietary Fiber 26.7g||107 %|
|Sugars, other 160.2g|
|Protein 27.4g||39 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1211
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!