1. Debone the leg of lamb and cube.
2. Cube mutton fat if using.
3. Peel onions and slice very thickly.
4. Heat the oil in a saucepan and saute the onions rings until translucent.
5. Remove and drain on kitchen towel.
6. Place all the ingredients except the lamb, mutton fat, and onions in a glass bowl and mix well.
7. Add the lamb mutton fat (if using) and onions to the sosatie marinade. Cover and leavein cool place for 24 to 48 hours to marinate. Turn the lamb 3 to 4 times during the marinating process.
8. Cube the green peppers to the same size as the meat.
9. Remove the lamb, mutton fat (if using) and onion rings from the marinade. Thread on the skewer alternating pieces of lamb, onion, green pepper and fat.
The sosaties can be bbq'd or grilled in the oven. Bbq is the best method.
Good quality beef, pork or chicken can be used.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (680g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 399 (46%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 44.4g||59 %|
|Saturated Fat 18.9g||94 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 18.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.7g|
|Cholesterol 172.5mg||53 %|
|Sodium 170.6mg||6 %|
|Potassium 1427.5mg||38 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 68.4g||20 %|
|Dietary Fiber 9g||36 %|
|Sugars, other 59.4g|
|Protein 49.9g||71 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 860
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.