1. Prepare meat sauce. In 4-qt pan over high heat, cook meats and onion till meat well browned. Add tomatoes with their liquid, paste, water, basil, pepper and 1 tsp salt. Heat to boiling, stirring to break up tomatoes. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 30 mins, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile prepare noodles as package directs (try the no-cook kind?)
3. In medium bowl, mix cheeses, eggs, and parsley. Set aside.
4. Prepare white sauce. In 2-qt pan over med heat, melt butter, stir in flour, nutmeg, and 1/4 tsp salt till blended. Cook one min. Gradually stir in milk, stirring, till the sauce thickens and is smooth. Remove from heat.
5. Preheat to 375. In 13 by 9 baking dish, evenly spoon abt 3/4 c meat sauce. Arrange half the noodles over the sauce, overlapping to fit. Spoon half of cheese mixture over noodles. Spread with half of white sauce. Top with half of remaining tomato sauce. Repeat layering with remaining half of noodles, cheese mixture and sauces.
6. Bake 45 mins or till heated thru. Let stand 10 mins before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (924g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10|
|Calories from Fat: 320 (40%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 35.6g||47 %|
|Saturated Fat 16.2g||81 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.5g|
|Cholesterol 321.2mg||99 %|
|Sodium 2508mg||86 %|
|Potassium 3885.9mg||102 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 82.6g||24 %|
|Dietary Fiber 15.5g||62 %|
|Sugars, other 67.1g|
|Protein 49g||70 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 800
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.