- Cook and stir first 4 ingredients in a large saucepan or Dutch oven until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off all fat.
- Add tomatoes.
- Stir in next 5 ingredients.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
Reduce hear; simmer uncovered 1 hour or until mixture is the consistency of spaghetti sauce.
- Heat oven to 350
- Mix cottage cheese, parmesan, parsley, salt, and oregano
- Reserve ? c. meat sauce for the top layer.
- In ungreased 13X9 baking pan layer noodles, meat sauce, the mozzarella cheese, and cottage cheese mixture; repeat 3 times.
- Spread reserved ? c. meat sauce over top; sprinkle with ? c. parmesan cheese.
- Lasagna can be covered and refrigerated several hours at this point.
- Bake uncovered 45 minutes (allow additional 10-15 minutes if lasagna has been refrigerated.)
- Let stand 15 minutes after removing from oven.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (136g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 181 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 20.2g||27 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.9g||39 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 70mg||22 %|
|Sodium 345.9mg||12 %|
|Potassium 265.2mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.8g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 10.4g|
|Protein 19.8g||28 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 308
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.