Cottage cheese layer:
1. Strain cottage cheese with mesh strainer to get out as much liquid as possible.
2. In a large bowl, add strained cottage cheese, eggs and salt. Stir all ingredients together until well mixed. Let sit in refrigerator for minimum of 30 minutes while you make the meat sauce.
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. Then, in a large skillet heat 1 T olive oil over low heat, add the garlic and saute for 1 minute
3. Add sausage and brown well, approximately 5 minutes. Drain off grease from pan, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, salt and Italian seasoning, then bring to a simmer, cook for 15 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
Making the lasagna
1. In a 13 x 9 inch baking dish, put 1/4 of the meat sauce, then start layering from bottom up as follows (3-4 lasagna sheets, 1/3 of the cottage cheese , 1/4 of the meat sauce), until you have used all your meat sauce.
2. Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 40 minutes.
3. Remove the foil, top with 16 oz shredded mozzarella cheese and place back into the oven until cheese is melted, approximately 5 minutes.
4. Remove the lasagna from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes before serving (it needs to rest so it will not be more firm when served).
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (699g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 837 (57%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 93g||124 %|
|Saturated Fat 58.8g||294 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 26.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.9g|
|Cholesterol 254.7mg||78 %|
|Sodium 2652.2mg||91 %|
|Potassium 801.1mg||21 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 29.1g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 29.1g|
|Protein 125.9g||180 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1468
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!