Pumpkin Spice Lattes are easily one of the most recognizable drinks of the fall season. So what do you do when you want a PSL but ALSO want brownies? We've got you covered. Three layers, three flavors, one delicious brownie.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with neutral cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
2. Make the brownie batters: In a bowl, combine butter, sugar and vanilla extract until well blended using a hand or stand mixer. Continue mixing and add in one egg at a time until light yellow and fluffy.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, and salt. Whisk until combined. Working in thirds, add dry to wet and mix until well combined and smooth. Separate half the batter and whisk in coffee granules to one half.
4. Make the pumpkin spice batter: In another bowl, combine all pumpkin spice ingredients, and using a hand or stand mixer, mix until well blended and smooth.
5. Build the brownies: Pour the coffee chocolate brownie batter into the prepared pan, and smooth out. Tap the layer a few times to reduce air bubbles and set the layer so it’s even. Next, add spoonfuls of pumpkin batter on top of the coffee layer, and gently
smooth out. Make sure to get it all across the layer and into the corners. Finally, add the remaining chocolate mixture and carefully smooth out the top.
6. Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes. While ovens may vary, do not cook longer than 55 minutes. Due to the nature of the batters, the pumpkin layer will remain soft and the bottom layer will become fudgy. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into 16 pieces. For an additional treat, sprinkle the tops of finished brownies with flaked sea salt.
7. Store covered in refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Protip: For easier spreading and distinct layers, you can refrigerate the batter between stages. Add the coffee layer, then refrigerate for 10-15 minutes. Add the pumpkin layer and repeat, ending with the chocolate layer. While refrigerating, cover with a damp cloth or towel, and allow to come to room temp before baking.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (97g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 167 (58%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 18.6g||25 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.7g||53 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 123.4mg||38 %|
|Sodium 197.2mg||7 %|
|Potassium 233.7mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 25.2g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 23.2g|
|Protein 5.5g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 288
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!