Marinate for up to 48 hours in the refrigerator, and then bake it in the oven. It's as easy as that to have tender, flavorful brisket. Leftovers can be frozen for chopped beef sandwiches. This marinade recipe will work, without doubling it, for up to a 10 pound brisket. I just did a five pound because my family is small.
1. Combine broth, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, and liquid smoke in a roasting pan.
2. Place brisket in the pan, fat side up, and drizzle some of the marinade over the top. Sprinkle liberally with Montreal steak seasoning, and place the onions along the sides of the brisket.
3. Cover pan with foil, and marinate in the refrigerator for 24-48 hours. Preheat oven to 300 degrees, and place the brisket on the middle rack of the oven.
4. Bake for about 40 minutes per pound of meat you are preparing. I baked my five pound brisket for 3 1/2 hours. The meat should be fork tender.
5. Transfer the brisket to a cutting board, and slice against the grain. Place the slices back into the marinade. This marinade is delicious drizzled on top of the meat and some mashed potatoes.
I love this brisket recipe because no grilling is required, and very little work is involved! It is also versitile enough to feed a large crowd, or take to a pot luck dinner.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (962g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 108 (17%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.8g||24 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 44.8mg||14 %|
|Sodium 42628.5mg||1470 %|
|Potassium 1862.3mg||49 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 46.8g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.8g||27 %|
|Sugars, other 40g|
|Protein 97.4g||139 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 647
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.