1. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and all spices.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together shortening and sugar. Add molasses and egg and beat well.
3. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring to form thick dough.
4. Chill one hour.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out 1/4 inch thick.
6. Cut into shapes (hearts, etc).
7. Place the cookies 1 inch apart on a greased cookie sheet.
8. Bake 5 – 6 minutes at 375°F (Do NOT overbake!).
9. Cool slightly, then remove to rack to cool completely.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (12g)|
|Recipe Makes: 48 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 2 (5%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.2g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 4.4mg||1 %|
|Sodium 13.1mg||0 %|
|Potassium 14.2mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.2g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 7.8g|
|Protein 1.2g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 40
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.