1. In a large heavy pot, think cast iron, render the salt pork. Remove the cornichon and set aside to drain on paper towels.
2. Add the onion into the hot pot and sautee slowly strirring often until translucent but NOT browned. This takes about 6 min.
3. Stir the flour into the onions and cook for about 3 minutes to form the roux.
4. Add seafood stock and clam juice, whisking to remove any lumps. Bring the stock to the boil and add in the potatoes.
5. Lower the heat and simmer the potatoes until cooked through. About 15 mins.
6. Sir in the clams, cornichon and light cream and bring to the temperature you prefer.
Serve in large bowls with oyster crakers or saltines.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (786g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1230 (87%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 136.7g||182 %|
|Saturated Fat 83.6g||418 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 41.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.6g|
|Cholesterol 476.9mg||147 %|
|Sodium 878.5mg||30 %|
|Potassium 1266mg||33 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 37g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 34.3g|
|Protein 15.5g||22 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1409
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!