1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 22 x 30 (9-by-13inch) baking pan with non-stick baking paper.
2. To make the crust, sift the icing sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add the flour and stir to mix. Add the butter and beat on low speed until a smooth dough forms.
3. Transfer the dough to the prepared pan and press evenly into the bottom and 1.5cm up the sides of the pan. To even out the crst, use the flat bottom of any type of cup and press down firmly.
4. Line the crust with baking paper and fill with pie weights. Bake until it colours evenly to a deep golden brown – 25 to 35 minutes.
5. While the crust is baking, make the filling. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl, add the sugar and whisk to combine. Add the lemon juice and zest and stir to dissolve the sugar.
6. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and egg yolks with the salt, and then add to the lemon mixture and whisk until well mixed.
7. When the crust is ready, pull out the oven rack and pour the filling directly into the hot pan. Reduce the oven temperature to 150°C (300°F) and bake until the center of the custard is no longer wobbly, about 30 to 40 minutes.
8. Let cool completely on a wire rack, and then cover and chill completely before cutting. Use a sharp knife to cut into 12 squares and cust with icing sugar if desired. They will keep in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (1482g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 2110 (53%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 234.5g||313 %|
|Saturated Fat 113.5g||568 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 75.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 26.8g|
|Cholesterol 1844.3mg||567 %|
|Sodium 127120.1mg||4383 %|
|Potassium 1014.3mg||27 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 391.9g||115 %|
|Dietary Fiber 13.6g||54 %|
|Sugars, other 378.3g|
|Protein 78.4g||112 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 3959
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!