KID NOTE: The kids really enjoyed the fish and sauce, although they didn’t eat the capers
The couscous was a hit as was the spinach
Very kid friendly.
VEGETARIAN TIP: Instead of fish, roast cauliflower ‘steaks’
Cut base of cauliflower, but leave stem intact
Place stem side down on cutting board
Cut down to create 1” steaks
Toss in olive oil
Season with salt and pepper and roast in 450 over for 10-15 minutes per side.
GLUTEN MODIFICATIONS: Skip the milk/flour step and simply sauté the fish
Use brown rice couscous, quinoa, or rice.
Serving Size 1 fillet (170g) Calories 295 Fat 17 Carbs 2.6 Fiber 0 Protein 31.4.
1. Pour milk into a shallow dish. Add fish and let soak for about 5 minutes.
2, Meanwhile, place flour in a separate shallow dish.
3. Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
4. Remove fillets from milk one at a time. Let excess milk drip off and then dredge in flour on both sides.
5. Place fillets in pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook for about 2 minutes per side.
6. Transfer from pan to a plate and tent lightly with foil.
7. Wipe pan clean with a paper towel.
8. Return pan to stove and add butter. Cook over medium high heat until melted and slightly brown.
9. Remove from heat and add capers and lemon juice.
10. Plate fillets, drizzle with lemon caper sauce, and garnish with parsley.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (54g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 5 (7%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.5g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0.8mg||0 %|
|Sodium 131.6mg||5 %|
|Potassium 68.4mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 15.3g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 13.5g|
|Protein 2.3g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 68
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!