Create chicken broth
1. Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven or pot
2. Add the carrot, onion, celery, garlic, thyme, bay leaf, lemon zest, and salt. Saute ingredients over medium heat until vegetables begin to soften
3. Add the chicken stock and lemon juice, bring to a boil
4. Add the chicken and orzo. Simmer until orzo is cooked through
5. Just before serving add parsley and remove bay leaf. Garnish with salt and black pepper if needed.
Notes: If you're serving right away you can add the orzo pasta and chicken at the same time until the orzo is cooked if you plan on serving later you may want to cook the orzo separately and add right before serving. The orzo pasta tends to soak up all the liquid and can become quite thick if you simmer the soup for a long time you can always add more chicken stock if you want to thin it out a little.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (5291g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 515 (25%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 57.2g||76 %|
|Saturated Fat 14.8g||74 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 27.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 10.6g|
|Cholesterol 170.8mg||53 %|
|Sodium 6535.6mg||225 %|
|Potassium 6784.8mg||179 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 266.8g||78 %|
|Dietary Fiber 20.9g||83 %|
|Sugars, other 245.9g|
|Protein 125g||179 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2097
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!