1. In a large stockpot, bring the chicken broth, lemon juice, bay leaf, and Parmesan rind, if using, to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the carrots and simmer until tender, about 5 to 8 minutes.
3. Add the broken pasta and cook until the pasta is tender, for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the chicken and heat through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the bay leaf and the Parmesan rind and discard.
5. Stir in 1/2 of the cheese and the parsley. Season with salt, to taste. Ladle the soup into serving bowls and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (560g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 192 (41%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 21.3g||28 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.6g||63 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 119.1mg||37 %|
|Sodium 1994.2mg||69 %|
|Potassium 719.5mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 22.1g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 20.5g|
|Protein 47.3g||68 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 469
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.