1. To make the lemon pie: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. LIghtly spray a 9 inch pan with vegetable oil.
2. In a large bowl, combine the crushed graham crackers and 1/3 cup of the sugar and stir to blend. Stir in the melted butter until well blended. Press the cracker mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pie plate. Bake until firm, about 8 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a stand. mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or in a large bowl with a handheld mixer), beat the condensed milk, egg yolks, lemon juice, and salt on medium speed for 4 minutes.
4. Pour the mixture into the baked pie crust. Return to the oven and bake until the center is set when the pan is gently nudged, about 10 minutes.
5. Cool the pie on a rack for 30 minutes. Place in the refrigerator until set, at least 1 hour and up to 3 days.
6. Just before serving, make the whipped cream topping. In a medium bowl, with a handheld mixer, beat the cream, sugar and vanilla on high until fluff and the cream holds a soft peak when you pull the beater out of the bowl.
7. Spread the cream on the cooled pie. Garnish.
* Can use 2 cups of sweetened condensed milk and one cup of unsweetened to lower sweetness.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (176g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 155 (34%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 17.2g||23 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.4g||52 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 138.2mg||43 %|
|Sodium 2499.7mg||86 %|
|Potassium 483.1mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 68.9g||20 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 68.8g|
|Protein 10.5g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 462
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!