1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F (177 C) in small bowl, slightly beat egg yolks with wire whisk. In large bowl, stir whipping cream, 1/3 cup sugar, the vanilla and lemon peel until well mixed. Add egg yolks to cream mixture; beat with wire whisk until evenly coloured and well blended.
2. In 33 x 23 cm pan, place 6 ounce ceramic ramekins. *Pour cream mixture evenly into ramekins.
3. Carefully place pan with ramekins in oven. Pour enough boiling water into pan, being careful not to splash water into ramekins, until water covers two-thirds of the height of the ramekins.
4. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until top is light golden brown and sides are set (centers will be jiggly).
5. Carefully transfer ramekins to wire rack, grasping tops of ramekins with pot holder. Cool no longer than 1 hour or until room temperature. Cover tightly with plastic wrap; refrigerate until chilled, at least 4 hours but no longer than 2 days.
6. Uncover ramekins; gently blot any condensation on custard, caramelize sugar on each custard by heating with torch about 2 minutes, moving flame continuously over sugar in circular motion, until sugar is melted and lights golden brown. Place 2 tablespoons raspberries over each custard. Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to 8 hours before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (311g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 588 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 65.3g||87 %|
|Saturated Fat 26.4g||132 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 27.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 9g|
|Cholesterol 2558.5mg||787 %|
|Sodium 109.7mg||4 %|
|Potassium 273.3mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 69.7g||20 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 68.5g|
|Protein 33.2g||47 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 992
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!