1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour the sides and bottoms of two loaf pans. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine milk, eggs, lemon juice, and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
3. In the bowl of a mixer, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and freshly grated lemon zest. Mix to combine.
4. Add the softened butter to the flour mixture. Cream for 2-3 minutes until fluffy.
5. Gradually add the milk mixture in 2-3 parts, mixing thoroughly for about 30 seconds to 1 minute before each addition.
6. Mix in lavender flowers until evenly distributed through the batter. Be careful not to overmix.
7. Divide the batter into the two prepared loaf pans.
8. Bake in oven for ~30-35 minutes. When the tops are about to crack, score the tops in one line with a sharp, oiled knife to create an even crack. Then, place an oiled piece of foil on top of the cakes, oil side down. Continue to bake for 25-30 minutes (for a total baking time of ~55-60 minutes).
9. When a toothpick removed from the center of the cake comes out clean, the cakes are done. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes on a rack before turning the cakes out. Let cool completely.
1/2 cup powdered sugar
juice of 1 lemon
zest of 1 lemon
sliced almonds, optional
1. Mix together the powdered sugar and the lemon juice.
2. Add in the lemon zest. Mix until combined.
3. Pour the glaze over the pound cakes.
4. Immediately top with a sprinkling of sliced almonds, if using. Let dry.
makes 2 loaves
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (914g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1673 (66%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 185.9g||248 %|
|Saturated Fat 107.3g||536 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 51.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 10.7g|
|Cholesterol 1678.9mg||517 %|
|Sodium 49888.4mg||1720 %|
|Potassium 767.9mg||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 166.7g||49 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.9g||23 %|
|Sugars, other 160.9g|
|Protein 60.1g||86 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2541
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!