Paleo--Dairy free, Nut free, Fish free
Lemon is one of my favorite flavors, almost tied with chocolate--almost. So every once in a while, when I miss the comforting aroma and flavor of a good lemon poppy seed bread, these little muffins really hit the spot. Light and airy, with that slight tanginess from fresh lemons, these muffins really make a rainy spring morning seem light and bright.
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Place the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Add the wet ingredients, except the coconut oil, and blend well with a hand mixer.
4. With the mixer on low, slowly pour in the coconut oil. Blend well.
5. Stir in the poppy seeds.
6. Fill 6 paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full with batter.
7. Bake 21-25 minutes, or until golden brown on top and the center of each muffin springs back when pressed lightly.
8. Cool 5-10 minutes in the pan. Serve!
Store any leftovers in an airtight container up to 3 days, or freeze up to 3 months.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (223g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 381 (73%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 42.3g||56 %|
|Saturated Fat 27.5g||137 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.9g|
|Cholesterol 705mg||217 %|
|Sodium 346.6mg||12 %|
|Potassium 400.3mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.9g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 10.5g|
|Protein 22.9g||33 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 519
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!