1. Bring a pot of well salted water to boil
2. While the water is coming to a boil, slice the garlic and put a small saute over low heat. Add the olive oil, the garlic, and a nice pinch of salt. Let the oil and garlic slowly heat up. You don't want the garlic to brown. You are just warming the oil and letting garlic infuse it.
3. While the oil and garlic are doing their thing, zest the lemon. Steam broccoli
4. Once the water comes to a boil, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and reserve some pasta water if you don't have any ricotta whey.
5. Once the pasta is boiling, turn the heat under the saute pan to as low as it goes and add the ricotta, lemon zest, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. You just want it all to warm it up while the pasta is cooking.
6. Once you drain the pasta, add it to the saute pan and toss well. Add 1/4 cup of whey or cooking water and the broccoli and toss again to coat. If you feel it is too dry, add up to 2 more TB of whey or cooking water. Taste for salt and add the juice from 1/2 a lemon and toss once more.
7. Serve, topping each bowl with a few sprinkles of coarse salt or fleur de sel and a few drops of lemon juice.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (267g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 304 (40%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 33.8g||45 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.1g||36 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 21.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.7g|
|Cholesterol 19.2mg||6 %|
|Sodium 100.8mg||3 %|
|Potassium 509.4mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 92.8g||27 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||22 %|
|Sugars, other 87.3g|
|Protein 23.3g||33 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 766
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!