1. Fill a medium bowl with ice and cold water and set aside.
2. Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the shelled fava beans and cook them until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Then immediately drain the beans and submerge them in the ice bath. When they are cool enough to handle, drain them well. A bean at a time, pinch off a strip of skin and pop the bean out of the skin into a bowl. Set aside.
3. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and add the orecchiette.
4. While the pasta are cooking, make the pasta sauce: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and saute until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the white wine and cook until it is nearly completely reduced, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the chicken stove and cook until it has reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes. Then add the favas, lemon zest, butter, tarragon, salt and pepper and cook until the favas are heated through and the sauce is thick and flavorful. Remove the skillet from the heat.
5. When the pasta is al dente (about 10 minutes), drain it in a colander. Add the pasta to the skillet, return the skillet to the heat, and cook, stirring, until the pasta is coasted with the sauce. Add the 1/2 cup of Parmesan and toss to combine. Taste, and re-season if necessary. Serve immediately, garnished with additional Parmesan if desired.
Source: Emeril Farm to Fork Cookbook
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 main Servings or 8|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 358 (45%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 39.7g||53 %|
|Saturated Fat 17.8g||89 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 15.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.6g|
|Cholesterol 157.7mg||49 %|
|Sodium 903.4mg||31 %|
|Potassium 741.3mg||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 81.8g||24 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 80.7g|
|Protein 30.1g||43 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 803
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!