1. In a non-aluminum, non-reactive pan, blend the egg yolks with the Thick Gel and granulated sugar. Place over low heat and slowly whisk in the water and lemon juice.
2. On medium heat, stir mixture constantly until it barely begins to boil. Let boil for 1 minute, stirring well to keep the bottom from scorching.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and add the lemon zest and butter. Stir well. Run curd through a sieve if needed to remove any bits of cooked eggs.
4. Put all but 1 cup of the curd into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Push the plastic wrap down onto the surface of the curd to prevent a skin from forming. Place into fridge until needed.
5. Take the reserved 1 cup of lemon curd in it’s original pan and add the white chocolate. Set on stove on medium-low and stir until the chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
6. Whip 1/2 cup of the heavy cream and set aside. Save the remaining 1 cup cream for the topping.
7. Beat the softened cream cheese in a stand mixer until fluffy. Add the cooled lemon curd/chocolate mixture and continue mixing until well incorporated. Slowly fold in the reserved 1 cup whipping cream until well incorporated.
8. Spread this mixture into the bottom of the prepared 9 inch, deep-dish pie crust. Even out the top.
9. Add the remaining 2 cups lemon curd and spread out evenly.
10. Let set at least three hours in the refrigerator with plastic wrap set onto the surface to keep a skin from forming on the curd.
11. Just before serving, whip the remaining 1 cup heavy cream and top the pie. The pie in these photos was topped with a thin layer of whipped cream, and then decorated with cream using a decorators bag and a 2D tip. Start with a center swirl, and then fill in around it with more swirls out to the edge.
This recipe is from http://secretlifeofachefswife.com/anthologie/desserts/lemon-truffle-pie
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (359g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 833 (76%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 92.5g||123 %|
|Saturated Fat 38.2g||191 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 37.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 12.2g|
|Cholesterol 3410.8mg||1049 %|
|Sodium 237.8mg||8 %|
|Potassium 382mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.8g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 19.7g|
|Protein 45.5g||65 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1090
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.