1. Rinse lemons. They are usually waxed. Remove wax with hot wet cloth. Zest yellow part of lemons and place in a shallow dish. Cover with plastic film wrap, set in sun-light for a short time to ripen.
Then soak zest in some vodka (covered with plastic film wrap) to increase color and flavor.
2. In a large porcelain pot combine lemon zest, sugar and vodka. Stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 125 to 130 degrees F. about 5 minutes. Watch carefully. If overheated, fumes may ignite. Let cool.
3. Cut lemons in half and ream 30 oz. of juice. Pour into strainer over bowl as you ream the lemons (shake the strainer side to side to release juice into the bowl.)
Discard the seeds and pulp. Add the juice to the vodka mixture.
4. Seal the pot with plastic film wrap and cover. Store at least two days or up to one week in a cool dark place.
5. Pour the lemon mixture through a strainer lined with two layers of damp cheese-cloth and funnel lemon mixture (including some zest) into clean bottles with clean airtight corks (rubber type stoppers may soften and release unwanted flavor from the alcohol softened stoppers unless protected with plastic film wrap.) Store bottles in cool, dark place. ching-ching!
For Pictures and instructions, go to:
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (29g)|
|Recipe Makes: 150|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (0%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0.4mg||0 %|
|Potassium 21.2mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 16.5g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 15.8g|
|Protein 0.2g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 61
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!