These are soooooo good! A really lemony, lemon cookie that's tangy, sweet and oh so wonderfully soft and moist. I played around with this recipe for months until I found a way to get a really tangy lemon taste. In the process I learned about using pudding in cookies and now I'm a big fan.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, cream butter, Splenda and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add salt, baking powder, baking soda and crystallized lemon. Mix until well combined.
- Beat in lemon flavoring, egg, lemon juice, mixing well.
- Mix in Lemon pudding mix (dry, unmade).
- Slowly beat in flour mixuture until just combined.
- Chill for 2 - 3 hours to firm up dough.
- Use medium-small (approx 1.5") scoop. Scoop dough and place onto parchment paper to hold all dough balls until going to next step.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet, each cookie about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 F for 8 minutes or until cookies look matte (not melty or shiny).
- Remove from oven and cool cookies on baking sheet.
- To make glaze, mix enough lemon juice into the powdered sugar for the glaze to be the desired consistency.
- Dribble glaze over cookies. Wait until glaze is set before storing cookies in air tight container.
Yield about 5 dozen.
- Use Lemon Bakery Emulsion instead of extract for more lemon flavor in the finished product.
- Pudding mix is optional. The cookies are still good if you don't happen to have lemon pudding mix handy. The pudding mix adds lemon flavor, but more importantly helps make the cookies soft. Cookies make with pudding mix also tend to stay soft for days.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Dozen (417g)|
|Recipe Makes: 5 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 612 (41%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 68g||91 %|
|Saturated Fat 42g||210 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 18.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.9g|
|Cholesterol 320.2mg||99 %|
|Sodium 5170.7mg||178 %|
|Potassium 91.8mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 232.3g||68 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 232.3g|
|Protein 5.5g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1509
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.