Preparation: Chop the onion and peppers
Peel and slice the tomatoes for the loaf
Peel, seed and chop the tomatoes for the sauce
Crush the garlic clove
1. Place the lentils in a pan and cover with cold water . Bring to the boil, reduce heat and cover and simmer until the lentils are tender. Drain well.
2. Heat the oil in the pan. Add the onion and cook over gentle heat until it is soft. Combine the onion and lentils, ground hazelnuts, tomato puree and basil. Spoon the mixture into a greased and line 20 * 10cm (8 x 4 inch) loaf tin. Cover with the sliced tomatoes, cheese, and breadcrumbs.
3. Bake at 180C (350F) for 30-35 minutes.
4. Prepare the sauce while the loaf is baking. Heat the oil in the pan, add the garlic and cook over a low heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the peppers and tomatoes. Cook until the mixture thickens.
5. Serve hot or cold, with sauce.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (369g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 183 (41%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 20.4g||27 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.7g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 24.5mg||1 %|
|Potassium 1206.4mg||32 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 52.8g||16 %|
|Dietary Fiber 12.8g||51 %|
|Sugars, other 40g|
|Protein 21.2g||30 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 451
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!