1. Place 1 in. of water and cauliflower in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Cook, covered, 10-12 minutes or until soft. Drain.
2. Mash cauliflower to desired consistency. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, cream, butter and pepper. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and, if desired, parsley.
3. Steam the onion, carrot, and green beans in a steamer basket over boiling water for 5 minutes.
4. Add the zucchini and steam for 3 minutes longer, or until the vegetables are tender.
5. Drain and set aside in a shallow baking dish.
6. Heat the broth in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, miso, umami sauce, thyme, 2 tablespoons of the nutritional yeast, and black pepper to taste. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms are soft.
7. Transfer to a blender or food processor. Add 1/2 cup of the cooked lentils and blend until smooth.
8. Add up to 1/2 cup of additional broth to make the gravy smoother, as desired. Combine the gravy with the remaining 1 1/2 cups of lentils, add to the steamed vegetables, and stir. Set aside.
9. Preheat the oven to 375F.
10. Stir the remaining 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast into the cauliflower mash; then spoon it on top of the lentils and vegetables, smoothing to cover the surface. Bake until hot, 30 to 40 minutes.
TIP: To save some time, you can substitute about 3 cups of frozen mixed vegetables for the carrot, green beans, and zucchini. Simply steam them, and then proceed with the recipe.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (623g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 108 (32%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.9g||35 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 29.4mg||9 %|
|Sodium 768.8mg||27 %|
|Potassium 1451.2mg||38 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 41.1g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 14.8g||59 %|
|Sugars, other 26.3g|
|Protein 23.6g||34 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 341
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!