Another lentil soup recipe but with the added flavor of smoked sausage. The sausage can be pork, chicken, beef, turkey or any combination.
1) Prepare lentils according to package instruction.
2) Sauté in olive oil the onion, celery, parsnip, garlic, and carrots until tender.
3) Breakup smoked sausage, either remove from the casing or just slice down and add to pot.
NOTE: Make sure that the sausage used is fully cooked or if not first cook the sausage then add it to the pot.
4) Place all ingredient in 6 quart pot bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender.
5) Salt and pepper to taste.
NOTE: Soup does freeze well, if placed in serving size bowl does make a quick meal.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (334g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 61 (42%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.8g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.1g||10 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 12.4mg||4 %|
|Sodium 571.3mg||20 %|
|Potassium 680mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 12.4g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 9.2g|
|Protein 8.8g||13 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 144
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.