1. Heat oil in soup pot over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, celery and spices. Saute 5 minutes or til onions are soft.
2. Add garlic and spinach (and a little broth, if dry); cook til spinach wilts
3. Stir in stock, lentils, potatoes or barley and bring to a boil. Skim any foam and reduce heat to low.
4. Simmer about 40 minutes or til lentils are tender.
5. While soup is simmering, cook turkey sausage in a nonstick pan, sprayed with olive oil. Cook through til done and brown. Cut into pieces.
6. When soup is done, add the sausage and adjust seasonings (including salt and pepper).
7. Can served topped with a little cheese (optional)
Can use vadouvan instead of curry powder. With 1 lb pkg of lentils (about 3 1/2 cups) and 1 cup barley (no potatoes, but roughly the same points if you substitute 2 good sized yukon potatoes for 1 cup barley), pot is about 40 weight watcher points ( about 55 points plus). So roughly 8-10 points per large serving, not counting any added cheese.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1833g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4-6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 272 (19%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 30.2g||40 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.7g||44 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.6g|
|Cholesterol 131mg||40 %|
|Sodium 2676.8mg||92 %|
|Potassium 4369mg||115 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 190.1g||56 %|
|Dietary Fiber 58.9g||236 %|
|Sugars, other 131.1g|
|Protein 104.9g||150 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1462
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!