1. Peel and chop carrots, celery, cabbage and onion.
2. Peel and chop potato in small cubes.
2. Process tomatoes, garlic, pimenton and salt with a blender until smooth to make the sofrito.
3. Peel and slice the chorizo.
4. Chop bacon.
5. Add the oil in a deep pot and set to medium heat.
6. Add chorizo and bacon and saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Add potato and vegetables and saute for 1 or 2 minutes.
8. Add sofrito and saute for another minute until fragant.
9. Add lentils and water.
10. Bring to a boil and cook for 20-30 minutes until lentils are soft.
11. Serve in a soup bowl and garnish.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (414g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 96 (16%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.6g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.7g||14 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.8g|
|Cholesterol 9.5mg||3 %|
|Sodium 260.8mg||9 %|
|Potassium 1968.3mg||52 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 94.5g||28 %|
|Dietary Fiber 41g||164 %|
|Sugars, other 53.5g|
|Protein 33.6g||48 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 599
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!