1. Put vegetable stock, red lentils, salt, pepper, onion and garlic in a large soup pot and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cover.
2. Add carrot, green beans, leek, celery, capsicum, spinach, tomato then mushrooms to the pot as each is chopped. Add tomato paste. Keep pot covered and stir every 10 or so minutes until lentils have broken down.
3. Add corn kernels and simmer for 60 to 90 minutes. If the soup begins to dry out, add water.
4. Add parsley, oregano and basil then simmer for another 10 minutes.
5. Turn off stove, leave pot covered until cooled then refrigerate overnight (if you can wait that long). Re-heat to serve and add shaved Parmesan as a garnish.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (161g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12|
|Calories from Fat: 4 (4%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.5g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 271.4mg||9 %|
|Potassium 442mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.7g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.1g||32 %|
|Sugars, other 11.6g|
|Protein 7g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 106
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.