1. Remove corn from husk and set aside (approx 5 - 6 cups of kernels)
2. Scrape husks to remove pulp into a separate bowl - approx 2 to 2/12 cups of pulp.
3. Transfer pulp onto a clean towel or cheese cloth and squeeze tightly to get all juice out of it (should be approx 2/3 cup)
4. Melt butter in dutch oven over medium heat, add onion, bacon, thyme 2 teaspons of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper and stir frequently until onion is softened - approx 8 minutes
5. Stir in flour and cook 2 2 minutes
Gradually add water and bring to a boil, whisking constantaly.
6. Add kernals an d potatoes,
7. SImmer and reduce heat to medium low and cook for approx 15 -18 minutes until potatoes have softened
8. Put 2 cups of the cooked chowder in blender and puree until smooth, return to pot
9. Add half and half and return to a simmer
10. Remove pot from heat and add juice
11 Season to taste with salt, pepper na dup to 1 tablespoon sugar.
12. Garnish with fresh basil
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (374g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 195 (57%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 21.7g||29 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.3g||46 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.3g|
|Cholesterol 41.6mg||13 %|
|Sodium 343.3mg||12 %|
|Potassium 593.8mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 31.9g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 28.1g|
|Protein 8.8g||13 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 343
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.