1. Grease a 15 X 10 X 1 inch pan. A deeper pan, such as a lasagna pan, is preferable since the mixture tends to drip over the sides while cooking. Sprinkle bottom and sides with bread crumbs. You do not need very much bread crumbs. You can use a food processor to make breadcrumbs from bread.
2. Make crust. Sift flour, granulated sugar, and baking powder together in a bowl. With pastry blender, cut in 3/4 cup butter until mixture resembles fine cornmeal. With fork, beat in 1 egg and 1 egg yolk; knead with hands to make smooth dough. Shape into ball; divide in half.
3. Between 2 sheets of waxed paper, roll out half of dough to make 13 X 9 inch rectangle. Fit into the prepared pan, from center to one end. Tuck in overhang to make edge even with top of the pan. Repeat with the other half of dough, fitting into other end of the pan. Press edges of the dough together in the center. Refrigerate while making the filling.
4. Preheat oven to 325F.
5. Make Almond Filling. In a medium bowl, with electric mixer, beat butter until creamy. Beat in sugar and almonds, mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beat well after each addition. It is next to impossible to find ground blanched almonds. You can blanche them yourself or just grind whole almonds.
6. Sieve jam if not seedless. Spread half over crust. Top crust with filling.
7. Bake for 55 minutes until golden. Cool in pan on wire rack.
8. Spread remaining jam over top. Cut into 2 X 1 strips.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (37g)|
|Recipe Makes: 75 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 59 (54%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.6g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.2g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 40.2mg||12 %|
|Sodium 50.1mg||2 %|
|Potassium 38.6mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.9g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 10.4g|
|Protein 2.1g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 109
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!